Tuesday 24 April 2012

276: Mushroom and Mead Soup

This was a masterwork of using up of ingredients,. Even though I say so myself. The ingredients were:
  • 500gs mushrooms
  • 1 red onion
  • 1 1/2 pints chicken stock
  • 100ml clotted cream (I just happened to have this in; it would be tremendously decadent to buy clotted crean just for putting in soup)
  • 50ml mead
Method:
  • Chop and fry onion, add stock
  • Roughly chop mushrooms and add
  • Simmer
  • Blitz
  • Add mead simmer a little more to take the sharpness of the alcohol off
  • Stir through the cream
I've not floured this recipe up. Basically, 'cos its so simple. The booze and cream added a touch of richness to set it apart from just ordinary soup. I like my soup thick* and maybe I should have cut down the amount of stock a little. 

Another happy result.

* - I've got a proper thick 'un to blog next

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on leave me a message (but don't be mean):