Saturday 12 December 2009

Post 143: Cheesey Chilli Courgette Chicken Chard Pasta

Ooh, I do love an alliteration to start a post.



Pasta bake, always easy, always popular. For the first time I included chard; basically because this was the only thing from my veg box which it was possible to include; everything else just wouldn't go.

Recipe as ever:
- fry off some (2 medium) onions
- add in loads of garlic (4 cloves)
- three chillies, for a bit of spice up me life
- courgettes fried until soft
- finally, briefly I added the chard

Separately I sliced some chicken and cooked that. I then mixed all this with 1/2 litre passata and 500gs pasta, covering with 5 sliced balls of mozzarella. Then baked until browned at the top.

It was nice, although quite plain. I was glad to have used the chard up and somehow this made this dish feel like it was more healthy. I can't say it added a great deal to either the flavour or texture of the dish.

Part 1 of 5 of this weekend's posting marathon complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on leave me a message (but don't be mean):