Monday 7 September 2009

Post 96: Chorizo Rainbow Pasta

I know I've done this one before, but this time... I even meant to do it. Last time, it was only because I'd inadvertently run out of prawns. This time it was planned and a little healthier for it. Normally the decision with pasta is over whether it's going to be a cream sauce or a tomato one; this one's no sauce, but it still plenty moist enough so long as you choose the right veg.

It was all very quick, less than half an hour all in:
- I fine chopped two medium onions and started them frying in a dash of olive oil
- Then I added half a horseshoe of chorizo, cut into 1cm semi-circle slices. This was my improvement this time: everything ended up tasting of the chorizo
- Next for the vegetables. Much the same as ever really. Starting with 4 cloves of garlic (no need to be shy!), 3 chillies (still not being shy; as ever I fancied lively), then the yellow courgette - good for moistness, broccoli, sugar snap peas (a bit of a waste of the sugar snaps this) and then only just before serving a punnet of halved cherry tomatoes.
Then stirred through some pasta shells and chucked a heap of parmesan on top. Quite pleased with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on leave me a message (but don't be mean):