Wednesday 8 July 2009

Post 58: Stir Fry

In direct contrast to most everything else I've put up here, this one took an age to prepare and then under 10 minutes to cook. The bag just seemed suitable for a stir fry:
- half the shallots, which I tried to slice in rings for fancy, but soon realised I hadn't the skill for this
- 1 courgette thinly sliced
- the mange touts
- the pak choi sliced
- 4 carrots sliced into matchsticks

I split all these into two bowls, so I could do halfy-half lamb and pork. For the meats, I sliced any big bits quite thin so it would cook quick and trimmed the fat off. I then marinated in thick soy, sesame oil, garlic and a handful or mild chillies for flavour and a couple of hot chillies for heat.

Then to cooking, what's to say? bish-bosh stir round in a hot pan and cook some noodles. I'm not sure it was the most authentic of recipes, but it tasted fresh and crunchy.

As you may be able to tell from the photo, I was focused on the eating rather than the presenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on leave me a message (but don't be mean):